What is DAT4.ᴢᴇʀᴏ?
Summary of DAT4.ᴢᴇʀᴏ
The future connects products, processes, and people.
DAT4.ᴢᴇʀᴏ is a project supported by the European Union. The project has 20 European partners who will work to improve quality in European factories. Innovative technologies will gather and analyse data from manufacturing processes and give businesses greater control of what happens during production.
In the end, consumers will benefit by receiving products of higher quality, faster. European companies will become more autonomous and achieve greater competitiveness in global markets.
Why DAT4.ᴢᴇʀᴏ is important
DAT4.ᴢᴇʀᴏ will help revolutionize manufacturing by giving businesses tools to succeed in the Fourth Industrial Revolution. In this system, smart factories use the power of digitalization to connect the physical to virtual worlds. This system has many benefits, including:
- Zero defects during manufacturing
- Autonomous factories that work without humans
- Fewer work-related injuries
- Reduced risk of factory shutdown during extreme circumstances (i.e. pandemics)
- Interconnected systems give greater control and predictability
How DAT4.ᴢᴇʀᴏ will affect your life
As an end-user, you have probably experienced that the things you buy sometimes have errors and faults. Whether it be your smartphone, car, or table, there is always a risk of defects. As companies transition into industry 4.0, you can expect the following benefits:
- Better product quality (zero defects)
- Lower prices
- Faster delivery
- Quicker technological advancement